Any readers I may have are probably disappointed in my lack of updates. If those readers play Eve then they might understand why. So first let me apologize for my little hiatus and second let me say that it will probably happen again.
So, you maybe ask, what have you been up to since last we spoke? Much has happened.
First after coming under fire from real life sources in regard to my character name I have started a alt (slang for alternate character). In Eve you get three with each account. Intra-account only one alt can skill up at a time which takes away slightly from their usefulness. Regardless players do find ingenious ways to make use off these three different characters. The only way I have so far found is to use the alts to check market prices in different regions quickly, but as I am not heavily engaged in trade yet, mine sees no use.
Second, I have paid for an account. This was almost foregone conclusion with my main question being: "when?" Well CCP rolled out some sweet Christmas bonus items for members so the answer soon presented itself: "now!" I still get my 60 days of trail but I added 30 days of subscription bringing my total play time to 90.
Third, I have joined a corporation, Eve University. After completing the main, and dare I say biggest, story arch in Eve I found myself with nothing to do and too much unknown. Eve-U advertises itself as being the biggest and oldest learning corporations in Eve and despite their wartime status I applied for membership. While not as thorough as some real life employment applications Eve-U membership was none the less quite a process to achieve involving a questionnaire, a waiting queue and an interview.
But it was well worth it. From finding other rookie players like myself, experienced players willing to share, hours of recorded (and some in person) lectures on Eve subjects and skill book reimbursement I feel I have only scratched the surface of what the University has to offer me.
Anyway the next lecture Missilery 101 will be starting soon so I have to sign off for now. Hopefully my next update will be sooner in the writing but you are always welcome to contact me in game. My new name is Oscha Esservic and may fortune favour your sails.
No comments:
Post a Comment